Theresa Fish, Tax Collector/Town Clerk
Phone: 518-251-2869 Ext. 101
Office: Minerva Town Hall, 5 Morse Memorial Highway, Minerva, NY 12851
Mailing: P.O. Box 909, Minerva, NY 12851
Email: [email protected]
The Town Clerk is responsible for managing marriage, dog and DEC licensing, vital statistic record keeping, handicap permits, and Town Board minutes, amongst other things.
Real property tax collection begins on January 1st and continues until May 1st every year. If you need to make payments outside this collection period, you should contact the Essex County Treasurer’s Office at 518-873-3310.
I am available by appointment for all Town Clerk business.
Typically, I can be in the office on Wednesdays from 8 a.m. until business is complete. It is best to call ahead of time to schedule a time so I can guarantee my availability, at 518-251-2869.
The Town Clerk is responsible for:
- Town Records
- Marriage Licenses
- Death records for the Town of Minerva (request for form above)
- Birth records for the Town of Minerva (request for form above)
- Processing of Handicap Parking Permits/Temporary and Permanent
- Processing of FOIL requests
- Sale of Conservation Licenses (Hunting, Fishing and Trapping)
- Dog Licenses (new license form above)
- Minutes of Town Meetings
- Accepts payment for Town/County Taxes, and Water Bills
(Please Contact Minerva Central School for information on the current School Tax Collector)