The Minerva Historical Society was formed in 1955. It is a nonprofit, educational organization formed to promote public interest in Minerva’s History and folklore. The Methodist Church building in the center of the Olmstedville Hamlet was deeded to the Society in 1979 and by 1981, the museum was opened to the public.
The museum opens every year on Minerva Day in July with a brand new theme and exhibit. The exhibits are loaned to the museum by our local residents.
The museum has two permanent exhibits — THE TREE OF LIFE Mural with charts and files to research ancestry of the original settlers of Minerva, and WINSLOW HOMER prints of his original oils and water colors done here in Minerva.
MUSEUM CLOSED FOR 2021 BUT WILL REOPEN IN 2022
Museum Location: 1384 County Route 29, Olmstedville, NY
For Information Contact:
Minerva Historical Society
PO Box 1
Olmstedville, NY 12857
at Community Center